Easy Grill Chipotle Orange Chicken Legs March 23 2016
This sweet-and-spicy Asian-inspired dish is an impressive meal, but takes less than an hour!
Serve with coleslaw for an easy summer side Combine 1 (16-oz.) package shredded coleslaw mix, 1 (8-oz.) container sour cream, 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice, and 1 tsp. salt. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- 1 cup fresh orange juice, divided
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- 2 pounds chicken drumsticks (about 8 drumsticks)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
1. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Combine 1/4 cup orange juice, 3 Tbsp. soy sauce, 3 Tbsp. brown sugar, and next 5 ingredients in a shallow dish or large zip-top plastic freezer bag; add chicken. Cover or seal, and chill 10 minutes. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade.
2. Grill chicken, covered with grill lid, 10 to 12 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from grill; cover with aluminum foil, and let stand 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, whisk together 2 tsp. brown sugar, remaining 3/4 cup orange juice, and 2 Tbsp. soy sauce in a small saucepan. Whisk together cornstarch and 2 tsp. water, and whisk into orange juice mixture. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, and cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute or until thickened. Brush sauce over chicken.
Recipe via myrecipes.com
Photo by: Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Buffy Hargett