Maybe it was the bourbon talking at this weekends Mohegan Sun Bourbon Festival that had me hooked, but I discovered the joys of bacon wrapped meatballs and now the obsession comes the week before trying to decide what to make for Super Bowl!
If you have access to a smoker I would suggest following the recipe below but instead of baking these in the oven try placing them in your smoker for an even tastier treat as the bacon and beef absorb that smoke flavor.
Should you make these treat over the weekend please share with us on social media and use #baconmeatballpong so we know to find you!
Bacon Wrapped Meatballs
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix ground beef, eggs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, bread crumbs, garlic, onion powder, salt, black pepper, oregano, and basil in a large bowl until thoroughly combined. Form meat mix into 2-inch meatballs.
- Wrap half a bacon slice around a meatball; turn the meatball around 45 degrees and wrap a second half-slice of bacon around the meatball so the meat is enclosed by bacon. Repeat, forming 12 meatballs and wrapping each one in 2 half-slices of bacon. Place wrapped meatballs onto the prepared baking sheet with seam sides down.
- Bake in the preheated oven until meatballs are no longer pink inside and bacon is crisp, about 45 minutes. An instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the center of a meatball should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
- Pour off excess grease and let sit for 5 minutes, then serve'em up!