YES we know PORTOPONG is a beer pong toy, so we probably should be discussing which light beer works best at a tailgate. Is it Coors Light, Natty Light. Bud Light, Peels, Pabst, or insert any other yellow beer brand! Instead we are going to share with you one of our favorite side drinks, everyone knows you gotta have side drink when tailgating!
And we are big bourbon fans, usually a Bulleit Rye and if not it's a Makers Mark, but this little something special is a beverage that everyone from whiskey lover to whiskey who.
Old Fashioned Amber
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, just enough to chill the contents.
- Add the bourbon, sugar and bitters and shake well.
- Strain into 4 rocks glasses and top each with half a bottle of ale.
- Rub the rim of the glass with the orange peel and then add it to the drink along with a cherry if using.
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon bitters, such as Angostura or orange
- Two 12-ounce bottles amber ale (like a Sam Adams Boston Lager)
- 4 strips orange peel (removed from the orange with a vegetable peeler)
- 4 maraschino cherries, optional